Top Spot Blinds is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Top Spot Blinds is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
- Our website address is https://topspotblinds.com.au
- We are a registered company in Victoria, Australia. Our ABN is 75 123 689 429
For the purposes of this policy ‘personal information’ means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
How do we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- through our website or social media platforms (for example if you submit an online enquiry)
- correspondence (for example by letter, email, sms or telephone)
- in hard copy or online forms or surveys
- in person in a meeting or interview scenario
- over the telephone or video conferencing
- from third parties (for example, from a review site or services referral websites)
- publicly available information (for example, through publicly available social media profiles).
What data we collect and why
There are many aspects of this website and on our social media platforms which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to Top Spot Blinds customer support features you will be required to provide personally identifiable information. This may include but not limited to providing your
- address or service area
- email address and phone number(s)
- payment method
- correspondence between you and us
For each visitor on our website or social media platforms, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing , page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content.
When visitors leave comments on our website or social media platforms we collect the data shown in the comments, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Third party websites or content
Articles and pages on this site or on our social media platforms may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.) or links to a third party website.
Top Spot Blinds is not responsible for the privacy and security practices of those websites.
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Top Spot Blinds takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
While Top Spot Blinds strives to protect the personal information and privacy of users on our website and social media platforms, you disclose information at your own risk and we cannot guarantee its security.
If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact Top Spot Blinds
- by Telephone: (03) 9357 6727 or
- by Post: PO BOX 522, PRESTON VIC 3072.
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including Australian Privacy Principles and the Freedom of Information Act 1982, you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights include the following:
- the right to receive a copy of your data
- the right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate
- the right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances
- the right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Changes to the policy
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, any concerns or a complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy please do not hesitate to contact us
- by Telephone: (03) 9357 6727
- by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by Post: PO BOX 522, PRESTON VIC 3072.